[Coco] On John Linnville's Color Computer Game Master Cartridge Design

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Wed Aug 2 16:36:16 EDT 2017

   Hmm, it seemed like the datasheet shows that if either WE or CE are
   tied low, READY stays low.  I thought I saw the behavior as well, but
   perhaps it was a flawed test.

   As for the rest, I agree the approach looks good.  I was thinking of
   having the SCS/RW/E going low would clock the data into the register,
   and then that line AND the READY line would be tied to WE/CE.  THus,
   the line going low would bring WE/CE low and clock the data into the
   register, and then the SCS/RW/E would go high, but READY would be low,
   so the AND would still be low until READY went high again.  It avoids
   the open collector.  But, both designs assume READY comes up in high
   state, and I was not sure it could be guaranteed to do so.

   Jim