[Coco] MAME FDC Issue that can cause corruption

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 13:39:47 EDT 2017

Allen,

Sadly this issue is not limited to Disk Basic as I found this problem to
start with when I was using two drives in NitrOS-9 and OS-9 L2.

I spent many hours of testing and the problem never showed up till version
0.163 of MAME when new code base for WD FDC code was being used.

This is also how I corrupted my Cave Walker disk as I was doing stuff on
drive 0 that was reading and writing on drive 0 at the same time I was on
VDG screen on drive 1 loading Cave Walker when system crashed hard.

And thus this is a real issue. Especially if it causes a risk for disk
corruption if the emulation isn't switching to the correct image to write
the data.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |