[Coco] CocoNIC

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Fri Sep 16 22:47:26 EDT 2016

On 9/16/2016 10:09 AM, Barry Nelson wrote:
> I think it would be useful to have a HDBDOS in ROM that uses the NIC to talk to a DriveWire server over the becker port protocol.
Does it have to be the becker protocol?  While that protocol is simple
on the FPLGA side, putting that into real HW is a serious pain (you need
something on the otehr side of the port to watch the IO, and then
marshall the bytes into the packet, sending the packet when done
(whatever "done" means).  Any chance the hdbdos could could be modified
to do tcp/ip directly?