[Coco] Glenside IDE + Multi-Pak + HDB-DOS

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Sep 12 10:30:08 EDT 2016

> On Sep 11, 2016, at 23:51, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
>
> On 9/11/2016 4:48 PM, Mark J. Blair wrote:
>> I gather that the Glenside IDE fully decodes the address bus rather than using the SCS signal so that it can coexist with a floppy controller on a Y cable.
> This I do not understand.  In a Y cable situation, SCS would be no less valid.  Can you clarify?

If two items using SCS as their chip select were on a Y cable, then both would respond to any reads/writes to the $FF40 region. The same goes for the CTS select for their ROMs. If I'm not mistaken, a floppy cart responds to both SCS and CTS, while the Glenside IDE responds to neither.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/