[Coco] problems with super espectro

Mark Marlette mmarlette at frontiernet.net
Sun Oct 30 11:22:55 EDT 2016

The format of the message from yahoo to this list sucks.....

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Mark Marlette<mmarlette at frontiernet.net> wrote:   Steven  Still working on the firmware update and final test.  Hunting at the cabin in SE MN ATM.
Then I will announce the official recall update.  I will then do an update to the PWB which only ease manufacturing.   At that point I will be in contact with the waiting list.  Thanks for your support!  Regards, Mark

  On Sun, Oct 30, 2016 at 8:47 AM, Steven Hirsch<snhirsch at gmail.com> wrote:  On Fri, 28 Oct 2016, Mark Marlette wrote:

> The uC and fpga are getting code updates. The PDN also gets
> enhancements, hardware based change.   I fixed a minor border issue and
> the color selection resistors are being changed from the public version.
> These changes are hardware based and bring the output in compliance with
> the VGA specfication.

> I am still in the process of developing the new uC code which configures
> the FPGA's pixel clock delay.  The display is near perect on all system
> configurations 86 and 87 gime versions.  Not all people have seen issues
> depending on how they use their adapter and what version of the GIME
> they have. The update is not mandatory. There are changes to the
> firmware and some select parts.There is also no charge for the service
> other than the postage in. I will cover the return postage. Sold many
> internationally and that can get expensive but it is worth the upgrade.
> The version label on the bottom of the unit indicates the devices
> version.  If none then that is the intial release. There is only one
> customer's unit that has been upgraded at this point and still needs uC
> update.   In the future if any updates are required they should be field
> installed if user so chooses .

> I will also be creating the manual and adding the documentation for the
> internal serial port for debug control.

Hi, Mark.

Are you in production on these units again?  I wasn't in the position to
purchase one from the first run, but would like to get on line now if
there will be another.

I couldn't find any mention of the product on your web site.