[Coco] 64 col clarification

William Astle lost at l-w.ca
Fri Oct 21 10:34:45 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-21 08:29 AM, Robert Hermanek wrote:
> I see referenced, in various places like unraveled, that there is a "64
> column text mode."  I've always wanted a bit of clarification here...
> there actually isn't one, is there?

There actually is. SECB just doesn't give any way to use it with the
"WIDTH" command.

As Allen indicated, it's exactly like the 80 column screen but with
wider borders.

In fact, for the "GIME" text modes, there are 32 and 40 column modes
with the 32 column mode being the same but with wider borders. Then the
64 and 80 column modes just double the pixel density giving twice as
many columns. Note that the "GIME" 32 column mode is not the same as the
SG4 "coco2" mode you get with WIDTH 32. All four of the "GIME" text
modes can operate with or without attributes as well.