[Coco] MPI and NitrOS-9

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Oct 19 19:57:14 EDT 2016

Bill wrote:
> Basically, what I'd like to be able to do is be able to access the drive controller in slot 3 (the 5 1.4"),
 > copy information from the floppy in the drive, access the drive controller in
slot 4 (the 3 1/2") and write
 > the copied information to the floppy in the drive. I've written a little
klutzy basic program I'm able to do
 > that in RS-DOS, since I don't have a 5 1/4"-3 1/2" drive combo, but don't
know if it's possible in OS-9.

Bill,

Why in the world do you want the 5 1/4" and 3 1/2" drives on different
controllers? Your drives will work perfectly on a single controller.

Are you trying to have either drive as drive #0 by switching from one controller
to another? You can have NitrOS-9 boot from drives other than /D0. Most games
can be made to work from drives other than /D0.
For that matter, you could use Drivewire and store your disks on your PC rather
than a floppy disk.

Robert