[Coco] 5 Simple Math Problems No One Can Solve

James Jones jejones3141 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 15:23:17 EDT 2016

The Collatz one I've heard of; the others I hadn't.
Math has a long history of easy to state and understand problems that are
very hard to solve.

As far as brute force searching, people have pushed things like Collatz far
beyond what would be practical with a CoCo. Problems like these require
insights that reduce the problem to one more easily solved, or as in the
case of the four-color problem, to a relatively small number of cases that
a program can check.