[Coco] OS9 Lv 1 games

David Ladd davidwladd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 16:09:42 EDT 2016

​On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 9:37 AM, John W. Linville <linville at tuxdriver.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 08:12:39PM -0500, David Ladd wrote:
> >
> ​<cut>
>
> > Barry, that is strange that a NitrOS-9 L2 and Cave Walker doesn't work on
> > real hardware. I know Cave Walker does work on real hardware through OS-9
> > L2.  Wonder what could be causing the issue with NitrOS-9 L2?
>
> More importantly, if it doesn't work on physical hardware then
> why does it work on VCC?

​This is a very good question John.  This I don't have the answer to.  This
might have to be something to report on the github for VCC.​

> Is VCC the only emulator with this breakage? Or does it work on MAME,
> etc as well?

​Well so far I tested the same NitrOS-9 based boot disk with Cave Walker on
it actually does the same thing as the real hardware.  As far as any other
Emulators that support the CoCo 3 would have to test it on them.​

Though now we know that Cave Walker does not work correctly on NitrOS-9 L2
with covdg.io we need to figure out if this is a problem in Cave Walker or
if there is a bug in covdg.io's code.

| David Ladd a.k.a. PacoOtaktay a.k.a. Drencor                          |
| YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay                      |
| YouTube Gaming Live: https://gaming.youtube.com/user/PacoOtaktay/live |
| Websites: http://dwladd.com     &     http://www.theterrorzone.com    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/113262444659438038657                    |
| G+:  https://plus.google.com/+DavidLaddPacoOtaktay                    |
| Do you have your CoCo 3 yet?                                          |