[Coco] SmartWatch

Rogelio Perea os9dude at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 11:18:39 EST 2016

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016, Ron Klein wrote:

Hello,

> Does anyone know if a SmartWatch (Radio Shack part # 25-1033)
> equivalent/compatible offering is available by any other vendor?

That was basically the Dallas Semiconductor DS1216 in a 28 pin ROM IC
socket/adapter. I bought one decades ago on clearance at Radio Shack,
installed it in my FD-502 controller and despite its battery life claimed
to last 10 years, it's now into the second decade of the 21st century and
shows no signs of slowing down.

Last year I bought a couple of DS1216 offerings on Ebay, same thing as the
RS part. :-)

-- RP