[Coco] reset behavior suggestions?

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Nov 14 00:54:12 EST 2016

On 11/13/2016 11:23 PM, RETRO Innovations wrote:
> On 11/13/2016 10:06 PM, John R. Hogerhuis wrote:
>
>> What's the sector size? How many cart images do you support?
> There are 8 kB sectors and 127 64kB sectors
>>
>> And what metadata do you support per cart? A name? Picture? I guess all
>> that goes into your per cart budget. A little overhead for recent
>> selections seems reasonable.
> Currently, BArry (and his daughter) wrote a program that stores name
> per cart.
>>
>> Of course it's your gadget and your elbow grease! I'm just giving
>> suggestions.
> I appreciate them.  I am mulling over the idea, just trying to think
> up what folks will be concerned about as I move forward.
>
> Jim

I decided to implement both options, as it took no extra logic to do so.

default is a time-based approach, as originally designed, but using a RC
circuit to determine delay.  Thus, holding down reset for more than 1.5s
will perform a full reset, less will reset to the current image bank.

However, the menu writer can select a bit in the config register that
will override the reset behavior and reset to menu all the time.  Thus,
folks can select which behavior suits them.

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com