[Coco] CocoFLASH Production

Barry Nelson Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue Nov 8 15:06:29 EST 2016

I have not seen any features like what this Lode Runner cartridge requires used anywhere else in any existing cartridge. RoboCop and Predator both have and use more than 32k without doing this. If you can spare only a very few bytes of lower memory, you can implement routine to call functions in other banks. I have a routine that loads .BIN files and copies them to RAM. I copy the ML routine that does this to the cassette buffer and then run it from there.

Sudo code example:

Copy a code fragment like this to somewhere in lower RAM.

Set rom page to any desired offset.

Set memory map to be 32k ram, 32k rom, if it wasn’t already.

Jump subroutine to address of routine in rom.

Set rom page back to “standard” value .

Set memory map back to however it was originally set.

Return from subroutine.