[Coco] Coco SDC Explorer 0.21

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 1 21:17:11 EDT 2016

On 2/11/2016 10:56 AM, Guillaume Major wrote:
> Coco SDC Explorer is now available for download!
>
> I was tired of waiting for someone to come up with a GUI for the Coco
> SDC so I decided to write one myself. I thought that the easiest way to
> get started is by modifying an existing application to adapt it for the
> Coco SDC. SideKick by Luis Antoniosi was a perfect candidate. He kindly
> gave me permission to use SideKick's design and source code to develop
> my application.
>
> SDCX is a file browser for the Coco SDC. It is compatible with the Coco
> 1, 2 and 3 and requires 32K.

FANTASTIC! A much needed utility!

All it needs is a quick way to access it. I've setup a automounting DSK
on Drive 1 with file on it so that when I power up my CoCo, I just type
LOADM"SDCX:1":EXEC <ENTER>

It could go as Drive 0 but usually have my development disk there.

Better still would be a command in the CoCoSDC DOS where you could type
SDCX as a command and it would mount and run the file with nothing more
regardless of what disk is currently mounted. As long as you have a DSK
called SDXC.DSK in the root of the SD card in will mount and run the file.

But this would a job for Darren Atkinson (creator of the CoCoSDC)

Nick