[Coco] How did Musica ][ work? (half-text, half-PMODE4)?

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed May 4 17:13:09 EDT 2016

L. Curtis Boyle wrote:
> There was an article in one of the Coco magazines that showed it too (I think it might have even by Steve Bjork - and for some reason, I think it was in Color Computer Magazine). It showed 4 lines of text at the top, scrolling, showing both color sets, and then all 4 color sets for PMODE 3 and 4 below that.
>
> L. Curtis Boyle
> curtisboyle at sasktel.net
>
> TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
> http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html

Don't forget "Motion Picture Programming -- A Program to RUN", by Arnold Pouch,
The Rainbow, May, 1982, p36  ?
A PMODE4 display is shown with a text caption line scrolling across the bottom
of the screen.

I think you are referring to "Display Modes" by Steve Bjork and Mark Randall,
The Color Computer Magazine, Dec. 1983, p50. This had mixed modes on the same
screen so that "You can also use this technique to mix the text mode and any
high resolution mode on the same screen at one time."

Robert