[Coco] Frustrated

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Tue Mar 29 02:31:18 EDT 2016

On Monday 28 March 2016 23:46:45 Richard E. Crislip wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As the subject says, I'm a little more than a little frustrated. For
> sometime now, I have been trying to locate meaningful documentation on
> the Nitros9 "DMODE" command. It's the one command that has been
> ignored in every piece of Nitros9 documentation I have looked up. I
> want to see more than what the "-?" gives. For example what are all
> the options for the "TYP" paramenter, or the DSN parameters and what
> do they mean. What is a TYP=20 for example? BTW, I know it is
> diskette. But that is just an example of what I am looking for. I have
> a bunch of disks I'm trying to read and can't because they get error
> 249, wrong type 8-/. Or worse "permission denied". I know if I try to
> read the directory of a RSDOS disk I'll get the 249 error, so that is
> not the problem. So if anyone can point me to a more meaningful
> explanation, online, that I can read and study, I would be sooo
> appreciative it. TIA
>
> Hope to see you that the Fest.
>
> RECrislip

Richard:

In the recent nitros9 sources, see both rbf.d, and superdesc.asm, which
should clear up several things. Bits that weren't used according to the
level2 docs tandy published, have been enlisted to do several things in
a effort to prevent cross-contamination of the various disk formats
nitros9 now supports.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)