[Coco] Program with sdir utility

Ed Orbea ed.orbea at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 22:56:17 EDT 2016

I’m having a problem with the sdir utility on my CoCoSDC

My system is a CoCo3, 512kb memory, 6809 processor running NitrOS9 3.3.0.

Ident for sdir shows

Size - $0571

Crc - $66027E

Parity - $5C

Exec Offset - $00EA

Data Size - $0622

Edition - $02

Ty/La At/Rv - $11, $81

I an using a 16gb SD card, Fat32 formatted with 3.2gb used and 12.9 gb
available

After booting NitrOS9 and executing ‘sdir’ (without any argument) or ‘sdir
/‘ using “/“ as the single argument, the list of files and directories is
displayed, but then the CoCo3 system ‘hangs’ and can only be recovered via
a hard reset.

The contents of the root directory of the SDC card (there are no hidden or
write-protected files) has only these directories:

BACKUPS

CCAG3

CHROME

DOS-APP

DOS-GAME

DOS-MUSI

DOS-UTIL

EDUCATE

EXTRASDC

HDB-ROM

INTERNET

OS9-APP

OS9-DOS

OS9-GAME

OS9-MUSI

OS9-UTIL

OS9-VHD

SDCSYSTM

TEMP

It also contains the following files

128-OS9,dsk - this is my primary NitrOS9 system disk

Autoexec,dsk

Macro80C.dsk

OS9-V2.dsk

OS9-V3.dsk (these two files are identical copies of my primary disk)

startup.cfg

Due to the size of the SD card, I can make a zipped backup of the SD card,
if that will help.

Finally, if I use the dir “/ within RS-DOS,  the exact same
files/directories are displayed, but the system does not hang.

Thanks