[Coco] CoCoFEST++

Salvador Garcia ssalvadorgarcia at netscape.net
Tue Mar 22 01:08:05 EDT 2016

A few notes about that information...

American Science and Surplus: Yes, you can go to the Web site and browse, but it does not prepare you for when you go in person. There is a huge number of stuff, everything from a periscope (Geneva store), beakers, test tube and more for you chem lab, motors, gearmotors, LEDs, electronic components, foam human hearts, stuffed plushy brain neurons, real frogs for dissection, bearings, magnets, DaVinci machines kits... well, the list just goes on and on.

Fry's: This is a huge store. make sure you are well fed before going there.

MicroCenter: Yup they sell TVs and computer stuff, but now they also stock electronic components, Arduinos and R-Pis, plus an assortment of sensors and electronic kits.

If anyone is into architecture, Oak Park was home to the internationally renowned architect Frank Lloyd Wright.

If art, crafts and hobbies are your thing then you need to go to Hobby Lobby. There is one right next door to the Westmont MicroCenter. They also stock some kits and hobby stuff, but tend more towards science than electronics. http://www.hobbylobby.com/

And there are any sci fi fans (Dr. Who, Star Wars, Star Trek) then Alien Entertainment in Lombard has enough stuff to keep you busy for about two hours. http://www.alienentertainment.com/

And if there are any die hard fans of the movie Contagion, I can point you to the mall where the mall scenes were filmed :-)
Salvador