[Coco] IDE interfaces

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue Mar 15 09:05:33 EDT 2016

If I remember correctly, an 8 bit XT IE controller uses the same port addresses as an MFM or RLL controller, so it might be possible to plug an XT IDE interface into the Burke & Burke adapter board and have the system think it was still talking to a MFM drive when in fact it is talking to an IDE drive. Not sure though, and of course finding an 8 bit XT IDE controller could be challenging. Why not go with a CoCo SDC and use an SD card instead of an IDE drive? They are still available.