[Coco] CoCo programs from the "Color Computer Disk System" user manual

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Mon Mar 7 21:06:20 EST 2016

Robert, the problem with the method you suggest is that the copies of the Coco manuals I've found have not been OCRed, therefore each page is in a graphics file and not real text. They cannot be "copied & pasted".
If the ones you link have been OCRed, then GREAT... but the ones I've downloaded have not been.
I think most of the Rainbows, Hot Coco, & Micro80 issues have now been OCRed, but the recent batch added to the archives is not reliable as the OCR is not complete, nor has it been checked for errors. The best OCR versions of Rainbow that I've found are the ones at the CocoCoding site.

We really have a need for all these manuals to be OCRed. It makes searching the text much easier as well.

Tony, Yes, I think we need disks to go with all the manuals. I think most of us have reached that point where typing is painful. I've just about ended a 35+ years music career due to carpel tunnel.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com