[Coco] Orchestra90-CC ROM fully converted for the Dragon-Tano 64k

Pere psergm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:53:08 EDT 2016

Hi all,
Some time ago Tony Jewell, Stewart Orchard and me began to talk about how
difficult could be to convert the whole ROM code
of the Orchestra90 cartridge for the CoCo to the Dragon64.

The ROM needs the cartridge to create the sound and is heavily tied to the
CoCo hardware. The keyboard is scanned low level
as are the disks too. So most of the soft needed analysis and re-writting
from scratch.
It seemed a very complex project ... But finally we got it working!

You will found info about the project in this url:
http://archive.worldofdragon.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5509

You will find there a zip containing a virtual disk VDK type with the
program installer

IT ONLY WORKS IN A DRAGON64 or any machine with 64k as it switches to all
RAM mode (MAP1)

If you have the Dragon-SDC (let me change its name ;-) ) you can copy it
there and execute it. It works flawlessly  and really fast!

cheers
pere