[Coco] fpga coco3 sdcard os9 boot

tim franklinlabs.com tim at franklinlabs.com
Wed Jun 1 19:34:57 EDT 2016

   Correction:

   Step 2 Install Brett's ROM image at location $3fc000 in the DE-1 Flash

   Not $31000

     On June 1, 2016 at 6:25 PM "tim franklinlabs.com"
     <tim at franklinlabs.com> wrote:

     Camillus,
     From my time spent over the last week trying to get this to work,
     it's
     not ready for prime time yet. Several files needed are
     not (as of today) posted. I will e-mail you the files if you want
     and
     if Brett or Gary give me the permission too. I'm sure they
     will. But, they are not 100% working. You still have to be connected
     Drivewire for it to work. At least with the files I got
     from Brett. I saw Gary completely disconnected from DW at the fest
     but
     he hasn't released it yet.
     As for the step-by-step instructions, I'll give it a go...
     These instuctions assume you have general knowlege of programming
     the
     DE-1 FPGA. Many details were left out. If you need
     further help, read the quartus manuals.
     Step 1 Install the CoCoFPGA core CoCoFPGA.POF onto the DE-1 program
     flash (not the 4M flash). (Need to send this file)
     Note: The version of the POF is unknown as this file was sent to me
     by Brett.
     a. Put the DE-1 in write mode (switch on unit)
     b. Use the Quartus II programmer to "burn" the firmware to the FPGA
     system.
     c. Put DE-1 back into write-protect mode (switch on unit)
     Step 2 Install Brett's ROM image at location &H31000 in the DE-1
     Flash.
     Bretts code acts like a ROM pack and is located in one of the
     virtual MPI slots of the DE-1
     a. Install the DE-1 Control Panel (DE1_USB_API.sof) using the
     Quartus II Programmer
     b. Run DE-1 Control Panel application DE1_Control_Panel.exe
     c. Erase the FLASH.
     d. Burn file _DE1_FLASH.BIN to the flash at offset $00000
     (Important: file length switch ON)
     e. Burn file _ROM.BIN to the flash at offset $3fc000 (Important:
     file length switch ON)
     Step 3 Burn the SD Card image to the SD card at offset $000000.
     Note: This step, you are on your own. I did this using some custom
     software I wrote for my company a few years back.
     Step 4 Connect Drivewire with some dummy disk file installed. It
     doesn't matter which format.
     Step 5 Enjoy.

     If you want me to send you the files, I will after I get the OK from
     Brett or Gary.

     -Tim