[Coco] VCC configuration discussion

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Jul 9 01:22:08 EDT 2016

 Wine bottler runs a Windows application on a Mac using an imbedded copy of Wine. It does not work on Linux. Wine lib works on Linux, Mac and most other platforms and it creates a Mac or Linux native executable at compile time which then no longer requires Wine to run. Wine bottled applications tend to be very large as they include much of the Windows folder structure. Wine lib application do not require a Windows folder structure an are native applications. Wine bottler works on already compiled applications. Wine lib is a tool for making Windows source code work on other platforms and is used at compilation time. It allows you to compile Windows applications on non Windows systems without completely rewriting the application.