[Coco] VCC configuration discussion

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Fri Jul 8 07:17:20 EDT 2016

Barry, the Wine build sounds cool. I need to check into that. Do you have any links? Do you know if it can be done through Visual Studio 2015?
VS 2015 opened up a lot of "outside" build environments that MS never supported in the past. Someone was telling me you can even run lwtools and toolshed from VS2015, but I've yet to find any info on it.

As for the RS232, your idea sounds like building a "suedo dw4" into Vcc itself. That's not a bad idea at all. At the moment, we just want to get all "original" Coco hardware going. The bitbanger is used by a lot of existing software and opening that up to outside communication would make old software work again. Then plugins could be made for the BB.. Printers & Modems come to mind. The plugins would do what dw4 does (as far as virtual modems & printers), but more efficiently. The printer module could actuall send stuff to the host PC's printer instead of just writing to a text or graphics file.

There's a lot of stuff that could be done, but no programmers doing it. That's the real problem. The two programmers working on Vcc have been too busy to do much so everything has come to a halt for now. With more people sharing the load, it could move forward again.

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com