[Coco] disable super extended basic

Robert Hermanek rhermanek at centurytel.net
Thu Jan 28 12:09:07 EST 2016

Is it possible to "disable" super extended basic on a coco3?  If I
understand the boot process correctly, the original unmodified basic and
extended basic code is in ROM, and the boot process automatically
executes the "super" extended basic code in the $E000+ range, and this
code "patches" the originally loaded extended basic ROM image to
integrate the super extended functionality.

Well ok.  But I was thinking the other day it would be nice to have
basic, and extended basic, and HDB-DOS (in my case) all loaded up as per
normal, but then detach super-extended basic and get it out of there...
it would be nice to be able to build my own ML code that does clever
things with the coco3 hardware, while leaving the basic interpreter
intact.... and if I'm not using super extended basic commands, the $E000
memory page would be a great place to put it.

-RobertH