[Coco] CoCo 32k rom architecture

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Wed Jan 27 15:42:14 EST 2016

Barry Nelson wrote:
> Repeated attempts to put the Arkanoid code into a rom and have it run on an actual CoCo 3 have failed, although the image runs fine on an emulator, I am wondering if the Akanoid cartridge might tie SELNB to the CTS line? Otherwise maybe the internal rom might still be active?

Barry,

I don't have that cart/game and there are two versions on
http://www.colorcomputerarchive.com/coco/Cartridges/

Given that the images have the same part#, only one can be correct. One image is
16k and the second is "32k" but the second 16k could be junk and an artifact of
the dumping method.
Given that the 16k .ccc works with coco2b MESS, this cart should be 16k.
What type ROM and what size image did you use to create your ROM?

I suggest you assume the game is 16k and program that size ROM. Let us know what
happens then.

Robert