[Coco] Desired RESET behavior

camillus gmail camillus.b.58 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 02:42:54 EST 2016

So what would the sequence be to reset the cart only and/or the complete reset?

L S = reset cart
L L = reset all
S L = xxx
SS = xxx

Because maybe you can stretch the reset signal with a capacitor and resistor  and possible also a diode, so that the first reset pulse takes about the length of a long push. If then the reset button is pressed to soon after the first reset push it would have no effect because the capacitor discharging over the resistor would keep the reset H/L ( whatever needed ).

Hope this makes sense to you?
On 1/27/2016 1:16:27 AM, RETRO Innovations <go4retro at go4retro.com> wrote:
On 1/27/2016 12:44 AM, camillus gmail wrote:
> still a bit shady though, maybe define the short / long as a well set of time ( one shot shmitt trigger )
Well, I have defined the short and long:

anything less than 1.1s (short)
Anything over 1.1s (long)

Time is no issue, as I can just count E or Q cycles with a counter.

THe problem I see with the multiple clicks idea is:

If you don't time the single clicks right, the system will assume you
meant to fully reset as opposed to just resetting the current cart twice.

jim