[Coco] CoCo 32k rom architecture

Barry Nelson Barry.Nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue Jan 26 11:48:39 EST 2016

Ok, but…

How does the rom map both before and after those bits are set? Does it start out with the top 16k half of the 32k rom mapped at $C000, or the lower half? After the bits are toggled, the rom maps to $8000-$FDFF, correct? At that point does the lower half of the rom map to $8000-$BFFF and the top half maps to $COOO-$FDFF? How does this all line up with the format of a .ccc file? Does the file have the lower address half first or does it start with the part of the rom that maps at $C000? Does the cartridge need any special wiring or special hardware?

>        Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net  <mailto:coco%40maltedmedia.com?Subject=Re%3A%20%5BCoco%5D%20CoCo%2032k%20rom%20architecture&In-Reply-To=%3C56A79F2B.1030901%40att.net%3E>
Tue Jan 26 11:30:35 EST 2016