[Coco] DriveWire on EPROM ?

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Mon Jan 18 15:38:18 EST 2016

A significant problem with replacing the internal ROM chip with an EPROM is
that the chip is soldered in. For that reason, no one to my knowledge has
bothered to explore putting enhancements in that chip rather than in the
disk controller one.  The internal chip does have enough free space for
substantial additional code.  The Mugateers image that appears when you
press control-alt-reset takes 6K in itself and could be replaced by code.

However, you'd have to write some specialized routines to make use of such
code, whereas putting it in the disk controller uses the bootup sequence
already built into Basic.

Art