[Coco] rom swap with eprom?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Tue Jan 12 01:51:42 EST 2016

Does the cartridge have only 28 pins but there are positions for 40
pins?  Seems like I recall that may have been the case.  I guess they
were really skimping when they tried to save money by not putting all
the pins on the edge connector!

I would guess that the ROM you found inside is a house numbered part
that is a mask ROM with pretty much the same pinout as a 68764/6.  I
also think the generic name for such a mask ROM was 2364.  Check out
Retro-Innovations' adapter here: http://store.go4retro.com/2364-adapter/
Just use the adapter and then you can use the much more available 2764
EPROM instead.

Dave