[Coco] FORTH for OS-9

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Feb 27 21:41:59 EST 2016

On Saturday 27 February 2016 21:07:15 Tony Cappellini wrote:

> Do we have an FORTH fanatics here?
>
> http://wiki.yak.net/1092

Slim pickens here I'm afraid, Tony.  I got interested in it, stumbling
over a forth that ran on the coco back in the latter 80's.  And I bought
a copy of Brodies "Starting Forth" back in the day but very few of the
lessons in the book would actually run on that crippled forth, so it
wasn't much of a teacher for me.

But, I'm a packrat and I don't believe I've thrown that away, but its
been since I was cleaning out my office as I was retiring in the middle
of 2002 since I last recall seeing it.  No clue what became of the
disks, although there may be a copy of it on the pair of old mfm hard
drives I used on my office coco3.

And to find it, likely several days of excavation in my midden heap in
the basement.

I've marked this message so it will be a bit easier to find should I come
across the book, or manage to find space to set my old office coco3 up
and see whats on its drives.  IIRC I'll have to build or hack up a pc
psu to run the drives before I can make that run again.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)