[Coco] CoCo SDC and DriveWire

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Feb 20 12:04:01 EST 2016

I have been using my CoCo SDC on my CoCo 3 with DriveWire and it has been working well, however, recently I decided to get my CoCo 1 running with DriveWire, so I changed the baud rate on my DriveWire server to 38400, wrote a HDBDOS rom for the CoCo 1, hooked it up, and it works. The same rom even works on my CoCo 3, as long as I keep the server baud rate set to 38400, but, not surprisingly, SDC DOS no longer talks to my DriveWire server on my CoCo 3. So, here's the question, where and how can I set the baud rate that SDC DOS uses to talk to DriveWire? The SDC DOS feature list says it supports quote:

DriveWire disk protocol with auto-speed configuration for CoCo 1, 2 or 3

Ok, so is there a way to override the auto detect and set the speed manually? Maybe with a poke or a patch? I wish I has the source code to SDC DOS.