[Coco] ok i am learning but not fast enough

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 03:02:15 EST 2016

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 12:12 AM, Tormod Volden wrote:
> OK, so that is boot_vhd from 3rdparty/booters/boot_vhd.asm
>
> OK, so if I understand right, what VCC users need is a 35trk floppy
> disk image that has a kernel track with boot_vhd (and an init
> specifying /H0 ?), and nothing needed on the file system. That sounds
> doable.

I haven't changed the makefiles yet, trying this out manually first.

>From a prebuilt nitros9 tree, these are the manual steps I did:

cat level2/coco3/modules/rel_80 3rdparty/booters/boot_vhd
level2/coco3/modules/krn > /tmp/kernel

os9 format -e -t35 -ss -dd /tmp/nos35vhd.dsk -n"NitrOS-9 6809 CoCo3 for vhd"

os9 gen -c -t=/tmp/kernel /tmp/nos35vhd.dsk

Anyone care to try the result? http://nitros9.org/nos35vhd.dsk

Regards,
Tormod