[Coco] ok i am learning but not fast enough

Tormod Volden lists.tormod at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:45:30 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 4:23 AM, Richard Hawk wrote:

> I been pouring over the internet and reading manuals and trying.  I came up
> with I have to boot in to hdb-dos 1.2 I need to purchace a new rom I think I
> saw there is hdb-dos 1.4 out there. So if anybody knows where I can purchase
> that i would appreciate it.

Hi Richard,

If you don't want to use HDB-DOS, but just want to boot NitrOS-9, you
can alternatively burn a DWDOS ROM which will boot directly into
NitrOS-9, loading everything (including kernel and os9boot) over
DriveWire. Instead of a ROM, you can also load DWDOS from tape or DECB
floppy. In other words, you don't need a NitrOS-9 boot floppy if you
have DriveWire.

DWDOS can be found at http://toolshed.sf.net

It is not a "DOS", but the equivalent of the RSDOS "DOS" command,
working over DriveWire.

Tormod