[Coco] Virtual disk file formats

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Thu Feb 18 04:08:02 EST 2016

I'm pretty sure (but I could be wrong!) that there is no format per se
for these types of files.  I think they are merely straight sequential
dumps of the sectors of a drive.  So, really, the format is determined
by the computer or operating system.  In other words, if I had a DECB
disk and I dumped the contents of each sector of that disk starting with
sector zero to a file, then I would have a disk image.  The same would
hold true for OS9 or any other disk format or any other type of disk
whether floppy, hard disk, thumb drive, sd card, etc.

Dave