[Coco] OS-9 C Compiler

Tue Feb 16 20:20:43 EST 2016

>> Someone promised to make available the source for ANSIFront last year but I have not seen it yet.
>
> Is the current version 0.12?

AFAIK yes, as the source was never delivered it likely will remain so.

The only part of the compiler that had any work done since the days of Tandy was "CC1".

Willard did that work and the source was the broken link I found. His last post was ~ March 2015.

>> There is at least one different "C" Compiler set of programs, I expected a post today about that set.
>
> The only other I am familiar with people using at all is cross compiling
> with gcc6809, and the last time I fiddled with that it wasn't worth the
> effort and only produced non-pic code which wasn't suitable for use in OS-9.

Bill is using the version of the compiler that does it all in one pass. (Too large for 6809 OS-9 L-I so it was split into two parts, no other version was ever released by Tandy.) He has his own version and is using "CC" instead of "CC1".

Does gcc6809 have a IDE = Integrated *DEBUGGING" Environment? That is with source level debugging which Borland hooked me with immediately.

SHF