[Coco] need help on how to copy a directory

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Sat Feb 6 06:49:42 EST 2016

You will probably want to use the dsave command. There are two versions of this command, I will give examples for the newer one normally used with NitrOS9 first, then I will cover the older version included with RadioShack/Microware OS9. Both versions of the command do not actually perform the copying themselves, instead they generate a list of commands that will create the directories and copy the files. You can either save this output into a script which you can edit, or as I show in the examples below, pipe the output into a shell to be immediately executed. Here is the example for the newer NitrOS9 version of dsave:

cd /d0/newspaper
makdir /dd/apps/newspaper
dsave -s40 /dd/apps/newspaper ! shell -p

The -s40 reserves a 40k buffer for the copy command.

Below is an example using the older original version of dsave:

cd /d0/newspaper
makdir /dd/apps/newspaper
dsave -s40 /d0 /dd/apps/newspaper ! shell -p