[Coco] Other carts to test that use SLENB~

Bill Pierce ooogalapasooo at aol.com
Tue Feb 2 03:06:54 EST 2016

Jim. I'm not sure if this helps your experiments, but on my Coco 3 system, I run a MPI (coco3 pal fixed, interrupts strapped) which contains an FD-502 disk controller (no drives connected, only in use for the HDBDOS rom), a Glenside IDE (jumper set for $FF5x, maybe set for $FF7x, but I don't think so) with an IDE drive, a CocoMIDI pak (ports $FF6E & $FF6F) and an Orhcestra90 pak (ports $FF7A & $FF7b).

I have no problems accessing any of the pacs as I use both the MIDIpak and Orchestra 90 (for stereo 8-bit sound) in NitrOS9. There were no conflicts when I had drives connected (all dead now).

When I switch the MPI to the Orchestra90, it boots it's ROM and runs normally. Since it does not use either of the drive controllers (it has it's own built-in disk routines), I have no conflicts (even when I did had drives connected).

Bill Pierce

Co-Contributor, Co-Editor for CocoPedia
http://www.tandycoco.com/forum/

E-Mail: ooogalapasooo at aol.com