[Coco] ROM Cart registers

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Mon Feb 1 16:28:12 EST 2016

On 2/1/2016 11:44 AM, Mark Marlette wrote:

Trimming...

I do not have a Tandy MPI.  I am trying to acquire one from eBay, but so
far have been unsuccessful.  Anyone have a spare 3124 MPI (or a 3024
they want upgraded) they can loan or sell?

Since you say that BASIC should continue to function even after I have
booted sIDE and switched the slot to another slot, I will check things
on my end.  I'll try to figure out how the sIDE knows when to put the
ROM contents onto the bus.  It's possible the ROM contents on this sIDE
are nonstandard, as I did not install it.

For the record, I am not suggesting there is an issue with the sIDE
co-existing with any floppy disk controllers.  I am suggesting that the
sIDE does not co-exist with any other device that decodes at $ff5x on
the MPI.  I understand your position that such is standard and expected
behavior.

I checked the Glenside IDE controller schematic, and (Thanks Tormond and
Brian) and I cannot find any use of SLENB.  I see it brought out from
the connector, but not connected to anything.

"You have a conflict, the sIDE has requested that ALL devices be removed
from the bus via SLENB~. You are not complying to this request, thus you
are not following the rules for the signal.

It is not a question of why I used the signal in that manner, but why
you are not complying to the request to remove your device from the bus? "

In this case, my device is ALSO being accessed, so I am driving SLENB to
remove all other devices off the bus.  SLENB is effectively being
asserted by 2 devices on the MPI, and neither one is giving up the bus.
However, I only assert SLENB when I see SCS asserted (implying I am the
slot that is selected for $ff40-$ff5f activity)

Jim

www.go4retro.com
store.go4retro.com