[Coco] Max baud rate for 68681 in MM/1?

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Mon Feb 1 00:33:38 EST 2016

In my opinion, the biggest factors in determining whether the MM/1 could
do this are:  1) What kind of clocks feed the 68C681 chip(s) in the
MM/1.  2) What kind of driver/transceiver chips are downstream of the
68C681.

Perhaps if the proper clock is available to the 68C681 the RxD and TxD
signals could be intercepted before the driver chips and you could
coerce a pretty fast data rate out of it.  The RS232 interface is
inherently weak when it comes to running at higher speeds.  You are much
better off using RS422/485 or just straight TTL data if the distance is
short.

Dave