[Coco] Disassemblers

Dave Philipsen dave at davebiz.com
Wed Aug 31 12:42:12 EDT 2016

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.  I know the 68k disassembler is his but
the others, although they use the same program naming convention, seem a
little different and don't display the 'CSC' name in the help/usage.
It's been so many years ago that I don't remember where they all came
from.  I do remember, however, that I had compiled the 68k disassembler
under OS9-68000 along with the other cross assemblers.  I have a few
disks left from my old PT68K-4 system but I don't think I have any of
the OS9-68000 object files anymore.

I was starting to think maybe there was no interest in these ancient,
outdated products but evidently some are still interested in obtaining
them since the server stats show that 40 people downloaded the CSC6809
assembler  in just a couple of days so if I find any more of his work
I'll upload it and notify the group.

On another note, I think you were asking Gary about the demo program I
wrote for the CoCo3FPGA.  You can find an older version of it (from
October last year) in the Yahoo files section entitled, "demo.zip",
dated Oct. 3, 2015.  Between the BASIC program and some of the m/l
subroutines you should be able to figure out how to get into the 640x450
256-color graphics mode.  There are also some m/l routines for drawing
lines and stuff.  Be aware that a single 640x450 graphics page requires
over 280k of memory so you'll either have to use the MMU or Gary's
custom direct memory access mode to work with the graphics.  For the
CoCoFest I re-wrote the main program in m/l and just used BASIC to
launch the m/l and to make it easy to show to observers that it was a
synthesized CoCo 3 running the code but I haven't posted the source code
for that.

Dave