[Coco] Profiling emulator?

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 31 03:21:19 EDT 2016

On 30/08/2016 11:57 PM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:

> Mark, you're welcome to join in on the VCC project. We really need more
> people. I just handle the page (no programming). There are 2 programmers
> working on it, both AWOL at the moment for "life reasons"

I've taken a quick look at the VCC source code on github.

Adding profiling would necessitate changes to the 6809 core. In fact, the
profiling would pretty much have to be done in the core; either that or set
the granularity to 1 cycle and expose the CPU state which would likely incur
a significant performance hit. Maybe that is of little consequence on modern
machines???

The other issue is my aversion to installing Visual Studio on my machine...
I'm wondering how much work is required to get it building under GCC/MSYS?
Has anyone tried?

Regards,