[Coco] Adventures in Pin Numbering

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Aug 25 02:25:09 EDT 2016

So, I made this here fancy CoCo cartridge port breakout adapter, complete with overkill grounding ear connections:

https://twitter.com/nf6x/status/768671764771590144
https://twitter.com/nf6x/status/768671871680196608
https://twitter.com/nf6x/status/768671982976061440

Then I learned that Tandy and 3M don't agree about pin numbering on a card edge connector. 3M numbers their IDC ribbon card edge sockets to match the pin numbering of an IDC header on the same cable. Tandy, however, swaps the odd and even pins in the CoCo's documented cartridge port pin numbering.

I guess I'll be assembling version 2 in a couple of weeks.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/