[Coco] How to detect a CoCo 1 vs a CoCo 2 in software.

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Tue Aug 23 03:20:26 EDT 2016

That is wonderful information but does not solve the issue. I have no way of knowing what machine my software will be running on, I am trying to have it choose the correct baud rate. I do not want the user to have to plug in a special dongle into the serial port either, however it may be a safe guess that an active DriveWire server will be connected, so a small program that queries DriveWire for a response might work, if it is reliable and doesn't sometimes choose the higher baud rate by chance.