[Coco] Using A Receipt Printer With The CoCo/MC-10

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Aug 18 17:17:47 EDT 2016

On Thursday 18 August 2016 10:33:28 John W. Linville wrote:

> http://retrotinker.blogspot.com/2016/08/using-receipt-printer-with-coc
>omc-10.html
>
> I wrote-up a little discussion of using a CoCo or MC-10 to drive a
> modern-ish thermal receipt printer equipped with an RS-232 interface
> using Color BASIC. The discussion involves not only the basic serial
> cabling, but also use of a RAM hook to make Color BASIC add the
> proper line endings to keep the printer happy. Assembly and Color
> BASIC sources are shown as well.

I did that same thing on a z-80 board, till I found out you can't use the
word archival and thermal paper in the same year when talking to the FCC
about automatically kept logs.  Since we (the radio stations I was the
CE for at the time) didn't own another printer that was capable of
making an archival quality record and could be spared, that got dropped.
And I didn't even bother to make me a tape of the code.

> Enjoy!
>
> John
> --
> John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
> linville at tuxdriver.com			might be all we have.  Be ready.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)