[Coco] A Silly MC6847 to HDMI Conversion Idea

James C. Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 18:28:50 EDT 2016

Not if you live where the waste heat helps keep your home comfortable.  In that case, the more efficient the light bulb, the more you have to pay for heating.  Not a complete trade-off, but the number of times I have warmed my hands over an incandescent bulb while doing  driveway mechanics in January makes me appreciative of lower tech solutions to everyday problems.  One man’s waste is another man’s lifesaver.

On Aug 5, 2016, at 11:13 AM, Christopher Fox <cbfox01 at syr.edu> wrote:

> Well, now we’ve come full circle and realized incandescence really is a silly way to generate light, given how much of the energy input goes into waste heat. :-)
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_light_bulb#Efficacy.2C_efficiency.2C_and_environmental_impact
>

> On 20160805, 10:17, "Coco on behalf of Salvador Garcia via Coco" <coco-bounces at maltedmedia.com on behalf of coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:
>
>    Yeah, silly idea! That's what they said about the guy who some time ago had an idea of generating light by making a wire glow ;-) Salvador

Randomness and Free Will are both
useful constructs for explaining
behavior, but neither are provable
and both only exist in the