[Coco] Programming in BASIC YouTube series

Steve Strowbridge ogsteviestrow at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:38:04 EDT 2016

I started a series on YouTube where I am going back through the process of
re-leaning Color and Extended Color BASIC for the CoCo 1&2 to ultimately
re-write a number of my BASIC games I created as a kid that I no longer
have.

Since I have to somewhat re-educate myself to the language, I thought there
may be at least 1 or 2 other people in the world who may find this
interesting, so I decided to make it a chapter-by-chapter series, with the
season finale being the creation of a new BASIC game.

The link to this series is:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDfh7JjQaSYA1fP5KwRiOwefFIIF1Alid

If you already know BASIC, and lower languages like assembly and C, you
aren't going to learn anything new here, but anybody who only dabbled in
BASIC or perhaps never dug too deep in may find it to be of interest.

I have added two more chapters today so I'm currently up to chapter 5, I
hope to crank these out at a quicker pace, so hopefully a few chapters per
week will be the release schedule.

Looking forward to hearing any feedback, and as soon as I'm done with this,
I'm going to jump into the deep end and start to learn 6809 assembly, which
I have zero previous experience with and document that as well.

Steve Strowbridge, aka
The Original Gamer Stevie Strow
http://ogsteviestrow.com
ogsteviestrow at gmail.com