[Coco] Webpage Update - Hires Mouse

Nick Marentes nickma at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 29 17:03:28 EDT 2015

On 30/10/2015 4:54 AM, Bill Pierce via Coco wrote:
> Nick, I noticed the bit1 problem while looking at the code. I think that can be resolved fairly easy :-)
>   I guess it would need to be masked to keep rogue bits from going to the server. But also, I'm pretty sure that while the mouse is being read in OS9, DW comm would be suspended. Each process gets a slice, then rests. Dw does a COMPLETE interrupt block during transfers, so nothing's going to screw with it much anyway. I doubt many would be accessing a drive while trying to click on something...Only the old "no-halt" controllers could do this and even then, they were iffy.

At some later stage, it would be good to revise the code with Bit 1 of
$FF20 masked as well as produce a 6309 specific versilons that pulls
extra data due to the shorter initial cycle delay (should be able to do
3cycles instead of 4cycles delay for the first sample).

Unless others beat us to it. The code is there for anyone to mod and use
in their programs.

Nick