[Coco] How to import source code into NitrOS-9?

Stephen Pereira spereira1952 at comcast.net
Sat Oct 3 17:54:12 EDT 2015

>> My primary goal would be to move large source code files (ASCII files) into NitrOS-9, so I can then use the assembler, or use them in BASIC09.
>
> For source sitting on a PC with drivewire server running, it should be
> as simple as copying the source to a disk image. Then mount the disk
> image in the drivewire server. Then the source will be available to
> the CoCo.

Yes, that is *exactly* it for me.  I do not have any experience with “copy the source file onto a disk image” with NitrOS-9 disks.  My meager experience to date with NitrOS-9 has been using pre-fabbed .dsk images that are available.  I have not yet used any tools to create a NitrOS-9 .dsk image, or add any of my existing files into a NitrOS-9 .dsk image.

It sounds like there are some tools available, so I have to go off and learn about them!

Thanks,
smp
--
Stephen M. Pereira