[Coco] **JUNK** Re: Caldigital Dragons

Barry Nelson barry.nelson at amobiledevice.com
Mon Nov 23 14:59:47 EST 2015

 Customer service is not a "right", but receiving a product that you have paid for is. You do have the right to expect that the product will be shipped to you in a timely manner, or receive a refund from the seller if that expectation can not be met. Since the seller did send a refund, he did fulfill he minimum contractual obligation. You were well within your right to ask for confirmation, since unfortunately in this day and age not everyone is honest and responsible. Some businesses are out and out scams, and some are simply irresponsible and lazy. On a personal level, legal obligations aside, if he did not want to provide confirmation (why not?), he should have simply shipped the item he advertised and that you paid for as soon as practical and within reason. If he does not think what he is being paid is worth the effort of shipping the item, he could charge more money.

On the other hand, although I might ask him for confirmation, I might try to phrase it like this. (Note the "sir", "please", and "thank you") I do not know what your message did look like however…

Sir, can you please let me know when my item has been shipped. I am anxious to receive this computer and put it to good use. Thank you for making these available to the community at such a great price, and I look forward to hearing that my order has been shipped. If possible, depending on the shipping method please send the tracking number so I can track my item.

 I would then sit back and wait about a week if needed. If I didn't hear anything in about a week I would then inquire if there was a problem and wait another week. If I didn't receive a respond to the second email, I would send one one email expressing concern that maybe the email was not being received. If I did not receive the item after 2 months and had not received a response, I would then, with no further warning, open a paypal request for a refund. The seller could then get upset at paypal if he so chooses, at that point I would not care. Paypal would probably refund my money and freeze his account while they looked into the issue, but that would be his problem, we all have things we are responsible for, and no one cuts me a break if I don't do what I am supposed to do, nor should they have to.