[Coco] CoCo 512K EEPROM+External Controller Walkthrough (Final)

Chad H chadbh74 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 21 16:13:23 EST 2015

It occurs to me that some people may be thinking this board + controller is somehow capable of re-writing the 512K EEPROM.  I had a note on my site page about the EEPROM Pak that the chips cannot be flashed from the board but I added another notice above the YouTube links on my external controller page....

"PLEASE NOTE!!   This does not have the capability to re-flash the 128K/256K/512K EEPROM chips!  The Multi-Bank builder tool will build the .ROM file for you, but you will need to use your own EEPROM programmer to re-flash the chips.   The FT-232 adapter is for reprogramming the external controller only, which is needed for different EEPROM chip program layouts or other customization's by the user."

I hope this helps to explain what's going on with the hardware.

- Chad H
http://sites.google.com/site/cbhlab101/